FightingTheSpread

My names Michael, I'm 30, live in the north of England.


I drink A LOT, upto 5 times a week at my peak. Though for 2 weeks I've cut that down to twice a week. I eat pretty badly - Pizza & Chips makes up over 30% of my diet. I've spent the best part of the last 15 years abusing my body with drinking, partying far too hard, staying up late and generally enjoying my youth. That said I've done well for myself in a career I enjoy and building a family of amazing people and friends.




Last year I hit 30, and the athletic body, of a former dedicated judoka, noticeably slipped away. I wouldn't say I'm over weight, but gaining 2 stones in 2 years, when I've previously been slim and maintained that figure easily, but the dreaded middle age spread hit in with my bad diet and very sedative lifestyle. I've been on and off half-dieting for years, the occasional crash diet for holidays, but recent years that's been a struggle to do.So I set myself a challenge, start small and build up over 90 days, eat well, exercise more and ditch the pounds... 20lbs to be exact is my goal.

I hope this blog will drive me to maintain the commitment, whilst still working and playing hard :), but also inspire other people that you can do it.

Follow me here and also on MyFitnessPal
https://www.myfitnesspal.com/profile/michaelg19


The start... Day Dot.

Height 5ft9
Age 30
Weight 174.6lbs (12.4stone)



My daily activity is 1.6km walking to and from the office car park to work.. thats basically it. climb a few stairs at the office, or I use the lift! At weekends I barely get off the couch! Steps are showing an average of 7,000 a day :/



I'm not adding any before / after pics yet... I'm not confident on that at this point.

For now.
Mx

Comments

Popular Posts